Friday, February 12, 2010

Befuddled with old reminiscences

Just now I was rearranging my belongings from an old box. A box filled with sequence of mirth, snuffles, anguish and simply weeps. After scores of years, I never ever had any intention to check on this one rusty box but today I decide to ‘play’ my painstaking role. I flipped each and every annotation I’ve written on the pieces of papers and also in a small diary.

At some parts I start to titter at my infantile remarks on my own self & my surroundings. But at other fractions, I was stunned that I have forgotten quite a number of occurrences which encased me in the state of agony. Unsolicited, tears filled my eyes and slowly dripped down my cheeks. These wrinkles on my face and body proves that those many years shall never return. Alhamdulillah, even through adversity, God still have mercy on me and grant me a beautiful life with both parents & siblings.



I am grateful for almost 26 years of my life, I still have the chance to breathe, to perform my responsibility as a Muslim, a daughter, an eldest sister, a friend and a person. Don’t get me wrong, this note is not about me moaning, I am all sentient that there are many more souls that suffers in poverty, vague wars and in serious illness. My twinge is just a small cut compared to theirs. Nevertheless, I am an imperfect soul and I might drain off every now and then but still I will never deceive my religion nor my conviction.

3 comments: